Wednesday 26 November 2008

...it's been awhile

Well I really did not want to have a boring blog that is rarely updated so I am ashamed at the way I have not written for nearly a week. It has been a busy week although thats a silly excuse - when do I not have a busy week!?

I had the lovely Rachel Kelly staying last weekend - we had fun doing myers briggs [sorry I am a St Thomas' loser now! but proud of it]. http://www.myersbriggs.org/I have the lovely Sarah Bailey coming for two weeks from Sunday.

The word thankful simply does not express my gratitude or sense of awe towards God at the moment. I am truly humbled at his mercies to me in so many ways. God truly wants us to "have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10. We often quote this verse in relation to how and why we may do evangelism, we may use it in a conversation with a non-churched person. However I seldom have used the verse in relation to me. [You may not have had this same blindspot - it could just be me!]

I am receiving some great mentoring at the moment and something I have been working through and pondering are where am I experiencing counterfeit freedoms? Where am I dealing with something or experiencing something and on one level it seems good and godly, but on another level it is not the highest heavenly level of freedom or expression of life to the full that Jesus wants for me. The enemy will give us some levels of victory, some levels of freedom as long as we "leave it there." We must be tenacious in seeking the life to the full that Jesus has for us in order to truly live how we were meant to live.

It's a cliche but its true that the good is the enemy of the best. I am devoted to seeing revival in this nation and it's going to happen through Christians who are living and walking in the fullness of the freedom of God. Creation is groaning in expectation for the sons of God to be revealed [Romans 8]. This nation needs sons not slaves, revivalists not relatively free born again Christians. God is so good, so good. I am determined to receive all heaven has for me because of the cross; the crack through which all of heaven flows. I am sold out to the king of glory coming into my life in his gorgeously deeper wider longer and higher ways. Bring it on Jesus.

No comments: