Thursday 20 May 2010

decisions decisions and meetings with vicars

So yesterday I finally made the decision to train two days a week [part time] at St John's Nottingham. Feels good to have made a decision after having been in the process for three years now! This is a step of faith for me as I will receive no financial support for this.

It's really exciting to me the stirrings in the church of england even in the most obscure of places. The vicar who I met to discuss my training had done a study in Doncaster of all places and found that nearly everyone believes in God and yet next to noone goes to church. I am challenged daily to respond to this. How can this be? There is a whole and vast two generations of totally unchurched people in this nation. The fruit of this that I see all around me frightens me intensely every now and then and today has been one of those days. Thankfully God always whispers the same verses to me every time I have one of these days...be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted in the nations. Psalm 46.

No comments: